More good news than bad news
By Jonathan Dugas | May 2, 2010
Race name: Vernon Hills 30+
Race date: Sunday, May 2, 2010
1. Got separated momentarily after halfway after pulling for two laps.
1. Maintained my position with more ease.
2. Was able to make up places instead of clinging to the back (a la Hillsboro).
3. Got back on after being separated (see "Bad news" above).
4. Was on track for a mid-bunch finish before being cut off with 500 m to go
5. Avoided the crash in the final sprint, probably because I was cut off (see "Good news," #4).
6. Cycled home after the race for a high-quality day in the saddle.