LaBagh Practice Crits
Practice Crits Return to LaBagh Woods for 2019!
xXx Racing-Athletico is pleased to announce the return of its LaBagh Woods practice criterium series. These races are intended to afford new and experienced racers alike an opportunity to develop or dust off pack riding/racing skills. We’re starting on April 9th and running every Tuesday evening in April. Additional dates in May are possible pending construction activities by the Forest Preserve District of Cook County; more details will be available as soon as we know more.
Practice crits are an important tool to introducing riders to the thrill of bike racing, in a less competitive and safer environment. xXx Racing-Athletico is excited to again offer an opportunity for racers to come out and practice crit racing up to as many as three times in one night!
Practice Crit Details
- Tuesday, April 9 - Early start: 6 PM
- Tuesday, April 16 - Early start: 6 PM
- Tuesday, April 23 - Early start: 6 PM
- Tuesday, April 30 - Early start: 6 PM
- * Tuesday, May 7 - Start time: 6:30 PM
- * Tuesday, May 14 - Start time: 6:30 PM
* Tentative date due to possible construction at LaBagh Woods by the Forest Preserve District of Cook County
Race Entry Fees:
- Open/Women Adults: $15 covers all races
- Juniors - Open and Women (racing age 18 and under): $5 covers all races
- We are covering the $10 cost of the USA Cycling One-Day license to try to remove any additional barriers to entry for new racers. You can get this one-day racing license on-site at the LaBagh Practice Crits. You must allow extra time to fill out the license application and make payment before your race.
- Race entry fees are for the entire evening regardless of the number events entered, not per event.
Nightly Schedule (April Start Time):
- 6:00 Open (25min)
- 6:30 Women (25min)
- 7:00 Open (25 min)
Nightly Schedule (May Start Time):
- 6:30 Open (25min)
- 7:00 Women (25min)
- 7:30 Open (25 min)
Event Description: Criterium Training Series
Course Description: Paved loop with sweeping turns in a park setting
Start & Finish Line: LaBagh Woods Grove 2, Chicago, Illinois
Parking: Parking is available in the LaBagh Woods parking lot (immediately North of and attached to the LaBagh Woods course loop.)
Registration: On-site, event day only. Credit cards and cash accepted. No checks.
Event Waiver: Coming soon
Events may be cancelled when necessary (e.g. for inclement weather). Follow xXx Racing on Twitter (@xxxracing) for race schedule updates.
Held under USAC Permit # 2019-1242. Must hold a valid annual or one-day license from USA Cycling.
Helmets are required for all races.