LaBagh Practice Crits
Practice Crits Are Back for 2023!
xXx Racing-Athletico is excited to announce the return of the LaBagh Practice Crits for 2023. Crits will run From Tuesday April 18th, through Tuesday June 20th beginning at 6:30. We will be offering short crit clinics throughout the series. These races are intended to afford new and experienced racers alike an opportunity to develop or dust off pack riding/racing skills. Practice crits are an important tool to introducing riders to the thrill of bike racing, in a less competitive and safer environment. xXx Racing-Athletico is excited to again offer an opportunity for racers to come out and practice crit racing up to as many as three times in one night! We have pulled permits for 10 weeks.
Course Marshal at LaBagh Woods Practice Crits & race for free! - Want to race for free at the LaBagh Woods Practice Crits? Sign up to volunteer as a course marshal for one of the three races each night and we will cover your race fees for the night.
Practice Crit Details2023 Dates:
Race Entry Fees (subject to change):
- Adults - $15 covers all races for the night
- Juniors(18 and Under)- $5 covers all races for the night
- If you are new to racing we will cover the $10 cost of the USA Cycling One-Day license for your first two races (Novice/Category 5 only). You can get this one-day racing license on-site at the LaBagh Practice Crits or online at USA Cycling. You must allow extra time on-site to fill out the license application and make payment before your race. https://usacycling.org/memberships-old/one-day-licenses
- Race entry fees are for the entire evening regardless of the number events entered, not per event.
Event Description: Criterium Training Series
Course Description: Paved loop with sweeping turns in a park setting. The worst segments of pavement at LaBagh Woods were repaved in early 2020 leaving the entire course in much improved condition.
Start & Finish Line: LaBagh Woods Grove 2, Chicago, Illinois
Parking: Parking is available in the LaBagh Woods parking lot (immediately North of and attached to the LaBagh Woods course loop.)
Registration: On-site, event day only. Credit cards and cash accepted. No checks.Additional requirements:
- Held under USA Cycling Permit (# TBD). All racers must hold a valid annual or one-day Race Lincense from USA Cycling
- Helmets are required for all races.
- COVID-19: Please remember that COVID-19 is still a public health issue and should be treated as such. Riders should not join, and will not be allowed to remain at, the practice crits if sick or symptomatic (with cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever of 100.4° F or above, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, or other COVID symptoms). Sick or symptomatic riders are encouraged to seek a COVID-19 test at a state or local government testing center, healthcare center, or other testing locations, and follow guidelines for self-isolation. Do not attend practice crits within 14 days of a positive COVID test, any COVID-related symptoms, or exposure to someone known to be infected with COVID-19. The team will continue to monitor the situation and communicate updates to the team on a regular basis.
Events may be cancelled when necessary (e.g. for inclement weather). Follow xXx Racing on social media (links below) for race schedule updates.
Follow us on social media: