LaBagh Practice Crits
Practice Crits Are Returning to LaBagh Woods in April 2022!
xXx Racing-Athletico is excited to announce the return of the LaBagh Practice Crits for 2022. These races are intended to afford new and experienced racers alike an opportunity to develop or dust off pack riding/racing skills. Practice crits are an important tool to introducing riders to the thrill of bike racing, in a less competitive and safer environment. xXx Racing-Athletico is excited to again offer an opportunity for racers to come out and practice crit racing up to as many as three times in one night! Please scroll down to read important notices related to COVID-19.
Course Marshal at LaBagh Woods Practice Crits & race for free! - Want to race for free at the LaBagh Woods Practice Crits? Sign up to volunteer as a course marshal for one of the three races each night and we will cover your race fees for the night. More details to follow as dates are announced.
Practice Crit Details2022 Dates (dates to be determined soon)
We expect to run Tuesday evening practice crits in April, May, June, and July, and will add additional dates as demand and interest dictates.
Race Entry Fees (subject to change):
- Adults - Men and Women/Femme/Trans (WFT) racers: $15 covers all races
- Juniors - Men and WFT racers (racing age 18 and under): $5 covers all races
- We are covering the $10 cost of the USA Cycling One-Day license for beginner categories (Novice/Category 5 only) to try to remove any additional barriers to entry for new racers. You can get this one-day racing license on-site at the LaBagh Practice Crits or online at USA Cycling. You must allow extra time on-site to fill out the license application and make payment before your race. https://usacycling.org/memberships-old/one-day-licenses
- Race entry fees are for the entire evening regardless of the number events entered, not per event.
Event Description: Criterium Training Series
Course Description: Paved loop with sweeping turns in a park setting. The worst segments of pavement at LaBagh Woods were repaved in early 2020 leaving the entire course in much improved condition.
Start & Finish Line: LaBagh Woods Grove 2, Chicago, Illinois
Parking: Parking is available in the LaBagh Woods parking lot (immediately North of and attached to the LaBagh Woods course loop.)
Registration: On-site, event day only. Credit cards and cash accepted. No checks.
Event Flyer: To be announcedAdditional requirements:
- Held under USA Cycling Permit (# TBD). All racers must hold a valid annual or one-day Race Lincense from USA Cycling
- Helmets are required for all races.
- COVID-19: Please remember that COVID-19 is still a public health issue and should be treated as such. Riders should not join, and will not be allowed to remain at, the practice crits if sick or symptomatic (with cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever of 100.4° F or above, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, or other COVID symptoms). Sick or symptomatic riders are encouraged to seek a COVID-19 test at a state or local government testing center, healthcare center, or other testing locations, and follow guidelines for self-isolation. Do not attend practice crits within 14 days of a positive COVID test, any COVID-related symptoms, or exposure to someone known to be infected with COVID-19. The team will continue to monitor the situation and communicate updates to the team on a regular basis.
Events may be cancelled when necessary (e.g. for inclement weather). Follow xXx Racing on social media (links below) for race schedule updates.
Updated January 16, 2022