Last updated: April 20, 2016
When you provide your personal information to us, you accept that we may retain it and that it may be held by us or any third party that processes it on our behalf for the purposes of providing the information or services which you have requested. Any third parties who process personal information on our behalf are required to maintain the confidentiality and privacy of the personal information that they process for us.
When ordering or registering for an event on our site or adding your name to a mailing list, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
Payment information may be collected from you, including credit card details, to facilitate payment for event registration or any other purchase you may make through the Website.When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register for an event or subscribe to email updates on any Website operated or managed by xXx Racing.How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- Register you for events, at your request;
- Deal with your inquiries and requests;
- Personalize the user experience and allow us to deliver the type of content and offerings we believe you to be the most interested in;
- Send you service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages; and
- Send you communications regarding other xXx Racing produced events or other events we think may be of interest to you.
You may opt out of receiving information about our products and services by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link in the emails we send.
We may also generate, use and disclose aggregated and/or anonymized information and statistics about the Website and/or us for marketing and strategic purposes. However, no individual will be individually identifiable from these aggregated and/or anonymized information and statistics.
Sharing your personal information
We may disclose the personal information we collect from you:
- When we request that you share such information and you choose to do so;
- To third parties that provide services on our behalf and under our instruction (e.g. credit card processing services);
- To third parties that we partner with to produce or promote events (e.g. USA Cycling, the Chicago Cross Cup, Flyover Race Series, etc.); and,
- To any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
Given that the internet is a global environment, using the internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing the Website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge our processing of personal information in this way. However, we will endeavor to protect all personal information collected through the Website in accordance with generally accepted standards.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our Website as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All financial transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.Do we use 'cookies'?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled that make your Website experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders.Third-party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our Website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.Google
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en. We have not enabled Google AdSense on our Website but we may do so in the future.California Online Privacy Protection Act
Users can visit our Website anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information by emailing us.How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral trackingCOPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
Children as young as 9 years old are eligible to participate in cycling events produced by xXx Racing; accordingly, these users are welcome on our Website. Occasionally, we operate events specifically targeted towards children (e.g. Illinois Junior Track Championship Race, specific skills clinics, etc.). Although children may browse information or register for events through our Website, xXx Racing and USA Cycling require a parent or guardian signature prior to participation in any xXx Racing managed event.Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email as soon as is practical, following an in-depth investigation of the breach and its impact. This notification may be delayed due to consultation with appropriate authorities, partners, etc.
By providing information via the Website, you understand and agree.CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or Website headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
[email protected] and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.Contacting Us
PO Box 57385
Chicago, Illinois 60657