Men's Development Program
Category 3-5 men make up the core of xXx Racing-AthletiCo team and the Men's Development Program exists to promote teamwork, skills and camaraderie for those athletes. The MDP provides its members with opportunities to improve as racers with clinics, seminars, and advice from the individual members who are committed to the success of their teammates. We believe that the MDP program is unique amongst Chicago area teams in its breadth and access to elite racers and coaching and that it will provide you with a distinct competitive advantage.
The benefits of MDP include:
- Focused on-bike clinics and coaching, participation and mentoring from over 20 Cat 1/2 team members on topics like:
- Sprinting and pack riding
- Spring criterium clinic and practice criteriums
- Team and individual race tactics/strategy
- On and off-season training
- Race-day preparation
- Cyclocross skills clinic
- Cyclocross practices
- Access to top level coaching from our team coaches on everything from strength training to nutrition
- MDP group rides with group skills and drills
- Vast cycling library full of books on training, nutrition and race strategy.
- Team training camp in San Luis Obispo, CA
- Pre-race strategy and information and race day team tactics meetings
- Recognition programs – MDP’s “Guy of the Month” and “Guy of the Year” for exceptional racing, team support, kit coordination, or FTP increases
The 2020 MDP captains are Jared Verbeke and Mike Kirby. They can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on joining the team, see the "How to Join" page.
Updated August 1, 2020